Saturday, June 8, 2013

Welcome!

Many people have told me, "You should blog about it!" After being told this for about quite some time, here I am.

I'm your regular citizen with a learn-as-I-go ability for baking and cooking. I have no chef friends or formal (or informal) culinary training. I state this because if you're the chef or owner of the establishment I gave a not-so-good review, you will know it's just a plain, ol' citizen review, not someone who can "make you or break you." In fact, you should embrace what's noted because if I'm noticing it, you can bet others are as well. And, truth be told, I'm not going out of my way to find bad things about the food, decor or staff; well, except for the restroom.

One part of the restaurant I am strict about is the restroom. If you don't have working hot and cold water, with filled soap, for customers and staff, then you're also breaking a local Health code. Make sure the restroom is clean (and in ADA compliance!). I have stopped going to restaurants I enjoy the food simply because the restrooms aren't clean, and toilets and sinks don't work. Or, I visit a few times in a row and it smells like backed-up sewage. EWWW! So, keep it clean, and often several times a day! Please!

I understand that food depends upon the chef or chefs on-duty. Each chef has his own "style" of making food from scratch. I have no problem with that, which is why I will write three or more reviews before I give my final decision if your restaurant is hot...or not.

I will include past reviews and pictures, if I took any. I want to remain incognito. With that, I am not on any payroll because nobody knows me!

I truly hope my blog helps with your decision to try a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment